Sarees are an elegant clothing piece that women can wear on every occasion. Depending on the event you are attending, you can try a heavy or a lowkey variant of the saree. Wearing a saree is no easy feat, especially managing the pleats and getting the drape right, which can become a bit hectic.
If you find wearing sarees a herculean task, you need to consider the kind of fabric that makes your task easier. With that being said, chiffon sarees are the ideal kind of sarees for you to opt because they are super-easy to drape and manage. Chiffon is a lightweight fabric making it hassle-free to drape.
Chiffon sarees are semi-sheer, which means you can experiment with different petticoats, creating a nice colourful effect. If you’re wondering about their price range, you should know that the price of these sarees depends upon the variety you choose.
This wedding season, flaunt your ethnic side in a chiffon saree. If you need styling tips, our celebrities are here to help you out. Check out these celeb-approved chiffon sarees which will help you make heads turn this wedding season.
- Mira Kapoor: Shahid Kapoor’s wife Mira has carved her own niche in the world of fashion with her stunning looks. From western to ethnic, she can carry almost all kinds of attire with elegance. If you want to flaunt your desi side like Mira, you can wear a lightweight, simple yellow chiffon saree with a sleeveless, plunging blouse. Wearing contrasting jewellery such as in green and carrying a potli bag will enhance your look.
- Aditi Rao Hydari: To make a simple yet stunning appeal in a semi-sheer chiffon drape, you can seek styling tips from Aditi. Instead of wearing your regular round-neck blouse, you can opt for a crew-neck blouse. Your blouse should be heavily embroidered so you can flaunt it from beneath the saree. A choker necklace will look regal with this look.
- Athiya Shetty: If you want to be the bombshell at the wedding, drape your chiffon saree like Athiya. Don a heavily embroidered crop top and wear your saree with thin pleats, barely covering your blouse. Accessorise this look minimally with statement earrings.
- Sonam Kapoor: For a less dramatic look, you can settle for an all-white saree like Sonam. A plain white saree with a silver shimmery border when paired with a white halter-neck blouse will make you stand apart from the crowd. You can opt for heavy jewellery to balance your look.
- Madhuri Dixit: If you want to add some dazzle to your look, a chiffon saree like Madhuri’s should be your choice. You can wear a sheer blouse with embroidery on it and drape a saree with shimmery detailing all over it. Contrasting jewellery will suit this unique look
- Janhvi Kapoor: If you want to go the extra mile like Janhvi, opt for a plain chiffon saree which you can pair with a heavily embroidered or shimmery blouse. Since the focus will be on the blouse, wear your pallu on the side, like a dupatta instead of draping in a regular way.
Style chiffon sarees in these celeb-approved ways to be a trendsetter this wedding season.