A complete overview on Surplice Dress
A surplice top is similar to a wrap top but without all the fussing with the ties. It is made using two separate pieces of material wrapped across the body and held at the side seam at times with a button or tie but most often essentially sewn into the seam. The crossover of the material makes a deep v-neck which is perfect for everyone but the flat chested. The wrapped pieces are joined making a unique effect over the stomach and breasts.
The surplice dresses can
- The ruching over the stomach is a perfect way to camouflage any bulges.
- It is a fitted style so will cast to breasts and follow the curve of the waist that is narrow your waist and boost your torso.
- Open up your torso and draw attention to your face and away from your lower half.
- Divide and delineate your breasts so is perfect for women with bigger torso. In addition the ruching over the bust will camouflage any ‘pull’ over the breasts.
Tips to wear surplice dresses
- This dress will draw attention upwards. It will reduce the top half.
- If you are larger on top look for a plain shirt in this style, possibly in a darker color, that fits following the curve of your body nicely and then pair with an attention-grabbing skirt, pant or jean. Creating interest on your bottom half and reducing, though still flattering the top, will offer you a smoother silhouette.
- To draw attention to your top half select in a bright color or with an attention-grabbing pattern and match with darker or plain colored skirt, pant or denim.
- Wear with a camisole below for a more controlled daytime look or without for a sexy evening dress.
This style will work perfect for almost anyone however it is ideal for those with:
- Bigger Torso– a very forbearing, yet pleasing style
- Pear Shaped body as it brings all eyes upward
- Curvy body as this will work well with your killer curves
- Big tummy – ruching covers bulges whilst the deep v entices the eyes
- Rectangular – works to create a waist through the deep v and ruching over stomach
A surplice neckline forms when fabric from one side of your shoulders crosses fabric from the other side at the facade, and then sewn down in the seam permanently. It is frequently mistaken as a V neck shape. A discriminating feature is the cinch around the waist that makes this neckline ideal for anyone who wants to attain a more defined waistline.
When it comes to choosing surplice dress, make sure that you are choosing the one that is made using
- Top quality fabric
- Offers maximum comfort to the wearer
- Is available in a variety of colors, designs, and styles
- Is light in weight and fits the body of the wearer flawlessly
- Looks elegant and can be worn for any informal or formal event
These are the points to consider when choosing surplice dress.