With fashion constantly evolving and being spoilt for choices, we are constantly on the lookout to buy something unique and that speaks to our personal style and persona. Be it our clothes, bags, accessories or jewellery – we want it to reflect a part of ourselves.
Deepa Gurnani fulfils this wish perfectly through her exquisite range of handcrafted embroidery jewellery.
We are thrilled to introduce our latest designs for earrings, hair accessories, bracelets, and neckpieces. This specially curated range will allow you to experiment with an array of stylish looks. The love and efforts put in by the artisans while making this beautiful handmade jewellery reflect in each and every piece and hence it is a must-have when it comes to dressing up yourself for your most special occasions.
Handmade accessories are some of the most beautiful, awe-inspiring creations on this planet and it is only fitting that these treasures become symbols of our hearts’ endeavours. At Deepa Gurnani, Handmade is Luxury with love in mind.
What most people don’t understand is why hand made jewellery is more of an investment than its mass-produced counterparts. Let us tell you 5 things we bet you didn’t know about handmade jewellery:
- No Mass Production Machinery Involved: Handmade jewellery is literally just that, made using just hands by skilled artisans. The pieces are soldered, sawed, carved and shaped without the use of mass-produced manufacturing machinery. While a machine can crank out hundreds of units per hour, an artisan can only make a finite quantity. Hence these pieces are exclusive and very limited.
- The Value of Time: Making handmade jewellery takes an incredible amount of patience. It is a highly skilled job and very intricate. Long hours are spent designing and bringing every single piece of jewellery to life. Factors like finesse, flawlessness and perfection are achieved by putting in a lot of time and hard work thus it’s incomparable to a mass-produced accessory.
- The Maker’s Process: The maker has a very intimate relationship with each piece of jewellery they create. The design process is key to the value that is inherent in each piece. Right from when it is a design on paper to the time they melt metal, form shapes, give them the touch of glamour and finish it flawlessly, makers are involved with their heart and soul in creating their one masterpiece that you can adorn and flaunt oh so glamorously.
- Materials: When it comes to mass-produced ornaments, it’s difficult to regulate or even know exactly what alloys are used to make the jewellery. They usually blend different metals to create costume pieces. Whereas, when it comes to making handmade jewellery, the metal and material used are of stellar quality and are sourced from highly reputable suppliers.
- Sustainability: The artisans involved in making handmade jewellery are often dedicated to sustainability and ethically sourced materials. They don’t prefer shortcuts in processes and know very well the value of hard work and thoroughness. While being ethical can be much more costly than taking the easy route, the quality of handmade jewellery we make speaks for itself. You can surely feel the difference and the jewellery will occupy your top shelf for much longer than any other accessory.
So the next time you consider purchasing a handmade piece of jewellery, remember you are investing in a right place with us!